Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

We didn't have to make breakfast Sunday.  Our niece and her husband invited us over.  


To top that off, she baked my husband's favorite cheesecake.  I'm sure we'll be sharing as he shouldn't be eating it, ha ha!  So good though.

We picked up another load of stuff at Mom's house.  There is much more to do there.  I just put all the gardening stuff in the barn and will go thru it all after we finish the kitchen floor project.

Sorry for my lateness this morning.  I am easily distracted with my multitasking today.





Joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  It is Monday right?! Ha ha!  Oh boy....

The weather . . .
34°F/21°F

As I look outside my window . . .
Nothing but gray skies right now.


Right now I am . . .
Doing too much multitasking and not enough of one job, ha ha!


Thinking and pondering . . .
Trying to figure out a plan for today.  I have to start moving Daughter K's stuff to an area not in my way, and out of my kitchen.  We took her donation items over the weekend, but she has a lot more upstairs yet.  I'm also trying to figure out a weekend vacation if we can pull it off.  Not sure, but looking into dates and locations.


Homemaking Tips . . .
As a new "empty nester" I am making recipes as usual, but freezing half for a future meal.


How I am feeling . . .
Tired.  I need to get stuff done, so I can start feeling accomplished.



On the breakfast plate . . .
Leftover French toast, sausage, coffee.


On my reading pile . . .



On my TV . . .
CSI


On the menu . . .
-Zucchini Pizza Casserole
-Taco Stew
-Moroccan Spiced Stew (all 3 new recipes)
-have no idea yet on the rest


From the camera . . .
Nothing right now.  Too busy cleaning.


Looking around the house . . .
Like I said earlier, I will need to move stuff around in the living room, so I can have access to my office, and still get the kitchen cleaned out.


The to-do list . . .
-move boxes from kitchen to living room
-dishes
-laundry 
-vacuum carpets
-re-organize living room boxed items
-move table out of kitchen into living room
-move hutch and other big items from kitchen
-fetch more firewood


Prayer list . . .
For the Hoffman family (lost their 22 year old daughter)


Comments

Luludou said…
Prayers for the Hoffman family.
Have a great week

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart