Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, March 28, 2022

Happy Homemaker Monday

We didn't have to make breakfast Sunday.  Our niece and her husband invited us over.  


To top that off, she baked my husband's favorite cheesecake.  I'm sure we'll be sharing as he shouldn't be eating it, ha ha!  So good though.

We picked up another load of stuff at Mom's house.  There is much more to do there.  I just put all the gardening stuff in the barn and will go thru it all after we finish the kitchen floor project.

Sorry for my lateness this morning.  I am easily distracted with my multitasking today.





Joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  It is Monday right?! Ha ha!  Oh boy....

The weather . . .
34°F/21°F

As I look outside my window . . .
Nothing but gray skies right now.


Right now I am . . .
Doing too much multitasking and not enough of one job, ha ha!


Thinking and pondering . . .
Trying to figure out a plan for today.  I have to start moving Daughter K's stuff to an area not in my way, and out of my kitchen.  We took her donation items over the weekend, but she has a lot more upstairs yet.  I'm also trying to figure out a weekend vacation if we can pull it off.  Not sure, but looking into dates and locations.


Homemaking Tips . . .
As a new "empty nester" I am making recipes as usual, but freezing half for a future meal.


How I am feeling . . .
Tired.  I need to get stuff done, so I can start feeling accomplished.



On the breakfast plate . . .
Leftover French toast, sausage, coffee.


On my reading pile . . .



On my TV . . .
CSI


On the menu . . .
-Zucchini Pizza Casserole
-Taco Stew
-Moroccan Spiced Stew (all 3 new recipes)
-have no idea yet on the rest


From the camera . . .
Nothing right now.  Too busy cleaning.


Looking around the house . . .
Like I said earlier, I will need to move stuff around in the living room, so I can have access to my office, and still get the kitchen cleaned out.


The to-do list . . .
-move boxes from kitchen to living room
-dishes
-laundry 
-vacuum carpets
-re-organize living room boxed items
-move table out of kitchen into living room
-move hutch and other big items from kitchen
-fetch more firewood


Prayer list . . .
For the Hoffman family (lost their 22 year old daughter)


1 comment:

Luludou said...

Prayers for the Hoffman family.
Have a great week