Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, March 26, 2022

Funeral Visitation ~ Snow

The funeral home is the last place I wanted to be last night, but we went to visitation, regarding the young 22 year old that went missing.  The mother works where my husband works.  I'm still a little rough around the edges, and emotions were a bit sparked by being there, but glad we went.  She was so happy to see us.  She came to my surprise birthday party years ago.

It's tough to see this happen, as we have a 22 year old as well.  It's not said how she passed, other than she went missing, they went out searching and found her too late.  It's just so heart breaking for the family.



Woke up to snow.  Not much, but UGH!  We went from several dreary, windy days to this.  I hope it's gone by tomorrow. Sheesh.  My daffodils are already coming up.

3 comments:

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

So sad, my heart goes out to the mother and family.
we have had amazingly warm weather this week, no snow for us! A lot colder today though.
Jillxo

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jill, the snow has melted but it is very cold here again.

Debi said...

Visitations are tough... I never know the right thing to say. I can't imagine losing a child. Good luck with your organizing and moving stuff around. That's a big job when you are renovating. Have a great week!