Skip to main content

Blue Roses

 






My husband is simply the best!  I was surprised with this delivery yesterday.  He knows exactly what I need and when I need it.  Mom loved blue roses and so do I.  They don't exist in the real world, but one year I found a blue rose plant at Home Depot.  I could not for the life of me get it to bloom blue.  It takes a certain soil to bloom blue, but I really, really love my surprise delivery.  I very well may search for a hybrid plant this year and try again. 

Although Daughter K is "officially" moved, there is much still here for her to move to her apartment.  I plan to box up anything for her if needed.  Now that she is out, I spent a good day cleaning (but oh my, she left the upstairs, downstairs and bathroom a mess).  My fitbit has finally gotten back up past the 10,000 mark.  Yeah, there was no way I was logging my "stress" on that fitbit, as it was at a all time high (for several reasons).

As soon as we toss the couches into the burn pile (her dogs chewed up the cushions, we'll take down the kitchen tables and start ripping out the one half of the kitchen (hopefully very soon).  That repair job is first on the list, and a must-do job before garden season is in full swing.

I had to be stern with Daughter K last night.  In no way are her dogs to visit us.  We will visit them at her place.  Once they are out they are out.  Now she will be forced to better train them, as she is in an apartment.

It's raining today, and it's the only thing holding us back from starting on the kitchen floor project (need to empty the living room to make room for two kitchen tables, all the chairs, cupboards, hutch and stove.  It really stinks not having a crawl space to do this repair, so cupboards and all will be pulled out to rip out the floor and replace the joist, sub floor and then new flooring while the kitchen is empty.





Comments

mamasmercantile said…
What a fantastic husband, perfect timing and the perfect choice. You have certainly got a lot going on.
Faith said…
I've got one that is "threatening" to move out, I hope so. I could use the space, & he is also not the neatest or organized. He's inching ever closer, but now in these times who knows? Roses are beautiful, I hope you find your blue ones.
Tracy dixon said…
I know of some people who have experimented with white roses and fresh cut them and added food coloring to the water in the vase they were in. It was so cool to watch them change color over days.
Debi said…
Your roses are beautiful, how thoughtful of your husband. Sounds like a super big kitchen project. I hope all goes well and it is finished lickedty split! When we remodeled our kitchen I hated the chaos! Have a great week!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart