Skip to main content

Cookbook Question and other ramblings

 Before I make a purchase, does anyone have a used / good condition copy of this book they don't want anymore (or for sale)?


It's a Backwoods Home Cookbook.  Or if you do have one, any reviews before I buy it?  Brand new it's $19.95 plus shipping.   I checked Thrift books and they do not have it.

The weather is back to cooler temperatures.  I think we here are all tired of the nasty wind we got.

Guess what?  The floor project starts today.  Wish me luck, say a prayer, that I figure out how to move the computer and get all the cords in the right place for moving, ha ha!  If not, I have Daughter K here tomorrow to help me.

Let's hope I don't have to move the stove, so I can cook the beef, onions and bacon for chili, and whip up some buttermilk cornbread to go with it.





Comments

Jackie See said…
Wishing you good luck today with your floor project! I don't know anything about the cookbook that you need. But it looks like a good one! ~jackie see~
Debi said…
Good luck with your floor project. I hope all goes well! Have a great weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart