Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Beautiful Spring Day

 

The weather has been beautiful.  Today the high is 71°F.  Porch weather, and we are loving it.

I have not run out of things to catch up on or clean.  My kitchen is full of door wreaths of Mom's I put one on each door, and plan to donate the remainder.  She had a knack for finding the most beautiful ones.

Considering my brain has not yet re-charged, I will be relying on notepads to keep me in check.

I'm considering getting a barn cat this year.  We are getting a few field mice.  I think Jasper, who is a great mouser, is on leave ha ha!  Country life at it's best.

My homemaking tip today:  sure fire way to catch a mouse in 24 hours or less.  Use the snap traps.  Put a small piece of cheese on it, covered by clear tape, poke a few holes in it and wa-la!  Their teeth catch in the tape and tripper the trap.  Otherwise they get away with the snack and trap never goes off.

How long does arrowroot powder last?  My bulk buy container does not have an expiration on it?  Hm?

Short post today.  I'm off to get this day started, and dig thru the freezer for something to grill.  We'll be taking advantage of this beautiful day.

2 comments:

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

good luck getting rid of the mice, such a nuisance. Would love to see pics of the wreaths!
Jillx

Rae said...

According to google - arrowroot powder will last 3 to 4 years. Don't know if that helps, but I was curious too. Ranee (MN)