Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, December 27, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday

Normally I leave Christmas lights up until January 1st, but this year they are coming down early. We woke up to a lot of rain and cold weather today.  More rain tomorrow.

Yes, my ankle is still a bit swollen. I'm still doing foot soaks but today I need to get some things done around the house.  




I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

I'll link up when she posts.


The weather . . .
55°F/33°F and lots of rain, possibly snow tomorrow.


How I am feeling this morning . . .
Started the day in a bad mood.  Hopefully that will change.



On my mind . . .
Trying to just focus on what needs done today.


What I am wearing . . . 
Cozy clothes.


On my reading pile . . .
(I'll share later when I get a photo of them)

Daughter E gifted me books on Christmas day.


On today's to-do list . . .
-Laundry
-put dishes away
-master bath
-vacuum carpets
-water plants
-soak foot
-pay bills


On my TV . . .
Anything good on Netflix or Amazon prime.


What I am listening to . . .
Rock music on the radio


Something fun to share . . .
I finally found, ordered and received my handmade (USA made) pepper scoop.  It took some digging, lots of emails, and I finally got one that was NOT made in China.  I was told it is their top seller too.



On the menu this week . . .
Lots of leftovers


Looking around the house . . .
There is a lot to clean up yet.


Prayer list . . .
Mom




6 comments:

Jean said...

Hope you are in a better mood now. Cozy clothes are always nice. I've never heard of a pepper scoop. Interesting. Hope you have a wonderful last week of the year!

Debi said...

You did quite a bit on your to do list... and with a bum foot too. Remember to rest a bit in between chores. I've never heard of a pepper scoop before... I learn something new every day! Hope your mood improved as the day went on... it's hard to be cheery when you are hurting. I hope your foot is back to normal very soon. Have a great week!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jean, thanks. I learned about the pepper scoop by watching the Italian Mary Ann cook on Create TV. I emailed the show and found the site to buy one.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debi, thanks. I'm doing 2 soaks a day with my ankle. I try to stay off of it as much as possible.

Luludou said...

Pepper scoop? had not heard of that, it is beautifully made. Hope you are feeling better.

Have a great week

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Luludou, I saw the scoop on a cooking channel and emailed them. I like to freeze stuff peppers when the peppers are ready to harvest. I am told it's their best seller.