Skip to main content

Breakfast Using Leftovers and other tidbits. . .

I ended up making a breakfast soufflé yesterday, using up leftover sausage patties diced, and leftover homemade bread.  While I was in the kitchen I tossed together a meatloaf for dinner.

I finally (finally) finished Daughter K's cardigan!!!!!!  She is so happy and so am I.  She said, "do you want a photo for your blog?"  Ha ha ha!  Of course!

The cardigan was the biggest project I have ever attempted.  I frogged several times, and learned a lot from doing this project.  I learned to crocheted "hidden" pockets and more.  It's very comfortable and warm, and perfect timing as we woke up to 20°F (feels like 11°F).

The wood stove is warming up the house nicely, but I have zero intentions of going outside, other than to tend the hens, and get the mail today.  I have a cough now.  Most likely from being out in the wind all weekend, but treating it with medicinal teas and what not.

The world has already gone mad, and now 3 men have been seen during the wee hours of the night in our town (we are on the outskirts) are trying to steal tires/rims off trucks.  Two occasions so far.  

I just realized I will need to suit up and fetch wood.  We need to restock the porch. I'm just thankful for the dead trees the boys fetched for us.  They are burning so nicely. 


Comments

Mother Em said…
Both the cardigan and your Daughter K are ever so beautiful. You did great work on both!! Where's her boots/shoes? G I R L ...Momma raised you better than that.
Kim said…
Hello, it has been a long time since I been in here. (3 yrs) It is good to be back and I will not promise to stop in everyday but i will be in more often. I have been a fulltime care giver for my father for the past 3 years and my life has been on hold. Haha! he is 94 and doing well. So i am trying to get back to life as I knew it, or at least close.

Kim
Mother Em, ha ha! We just stepped outside to get better light for a photo. It was just too dark inside.
Kim, thanks for stopping in again. Glad you can pause a bit in life and enjoy your "me" time. Good to hear your father is doing well.
Tracy dixon said…
The cardigan is so pretty. All I know how to do is straight lines. Lol. I would love to learn to read patterns for crocheting.
Thanks Tracy, this was my first clothing piece to crochet.
Debi said…
Your daughter's cardigan looks so warm and comfy!
Faith said…
very nice job on the cardigan, it was worth the time. Garments are challenging, and then you appreciate the smaller projects. I like the color of it too. Hope you are on the mend with that ankle.
Faith, it did test my patience for sure. I had to frog it several times, but I think it was from letting it sit to work on other things and then going back to it again. I am so happy I am done with it. Thanks. I did make a trip to the urgent care due to swelling and concerns, but I'm home with a boot now (which is like heaven on my foot).

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart