Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, December 30, 2021

Just the Bits . . .

 I did more research on the door knockers the other day.  No one we know (in the area) knows anything about them.  One family member said two guys stopped at their house trying to sell them meat.  Their dogs scared them off after their persistence to sell.

Update on the washing machine boot seal - It's on and washer is running.  A few parts need to go back on though.  I think he just wanted to make sure it worked again before putting all major parts back on (like the top of the washer, ha ha!).



We got another very cute Christmas card.  Love it!  I wish I had been able to send more out myself.  

Today, if it's the only thing I do, I will be taking down the outside Christmas lights.  I have meant to turn them off the last 2-3 days and have failed.  I normally leave them up until after the 1st of the year, but weather is always an issue.

My younger brother gave me a huge stack of dark chocolate bars (which have been suggested as one of the best on America's Test Kitchen).  I had plans to use them for a project prior to Christmas.   I may just go ahead to do it, and deliver as a "winter" gift.  I won't be able to eat the entire stack, so sharing in a different way will be the idea.  I'll post an update if that happens.

I was updating the bills the other day, and realized my planner ends May of next year.  I guess I better get on that and get one soon.  I use it daily.

The yarn for Daughter E's top should arrive tomorrow.  I plan to get that done before garden season arrives.

My wonderful husband brought home some ligament salve for my ankle. Daughter K gave me a brace that I can use that won't weigh a ton, so today I plan to get the kitchen in order.


No comments: