Skip to main content

High Wind Warnings again and other chit-chat

I heard we were to get up to 50 mph wind last night.  We got it and I can still hear it from inside the house.  Last night I had to ask my husband to go latch a lock on a barn door.  I didn't want to, but the wind would have whipped that door upwards.  He did go out and latch it.

I am thankful for the easy meal ideas I put in the freezer.  I thought we had bought a cauliflower, but after looking around I don't think I ended up getting one.  If I remember right, the organic were sold out.

Anyway, I put meatballs in the crockpot yesterday, with home canned BBQ sauce, and then later roasted asparagus and made easy quinoa. 

We have enough of two meals to do all leftovers tonight.  Yay for that.

I called Mom.  We shared our high's and low's from her recliner and from my bed.  We got a few chuckles.  She has been looking for her favorite nail polish.  The stores are sold out.   I helped her find it online, and it's shipped and headed to her house.  Guess what the name of it is?

Aphrodite's Pink Nightie (OPI).  Ha ha ha!  She is happy now.  She is also toying with the idea of hiring a cleaning person once a week.  Her friend stopped in and said she would gladly do it for Mom.  I am concerned about her memory.  She told me she hasn't driven for 2 months.  I didn't correct her.  She hasn't driven since last July.

The egg supply is low right now.  The chickens are getting their winter break.  No word yet on wood stove door.  I'm okay with that.  I need more healing before hauling wood inside.

I guess it's going to be windy the entire day today.  I guess my goal today is a few soaks with epsom salts, and today I'll search netflix for some crochet time.  The cooking channel gets me into trouble.

I've come up with a small, new item to add to my craft show stash.  Once a get a few more made I will share.

If I can stammer up enough energy, I will work on an easy breakfast casserole.  I hate seeing my husband leave with a clementine for breakfast.  Maybe pre-bake eggs on a sheet pan?  I don't know.  I guess we'll see if it even happens, ha ha!

When it's the right time to ask, I will ask my husband to re-prioritize our spring work.  I know we have home repairs to do first, but we do need a dog fence up.  I could really use one right now with this bum ankle.

Comments

Mother Em said…
Look up Al Roker's keto breakfast muffin...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/al-roker-favorite-low-carb-204100129.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAEB6l0I_1Hs5SMhyCTXmZL9w74p4j3BcXyhMIVwnTOC3e38vO2DOlD8Ekgzts7LeWlthoz2Ps1jGISlI5Lwhw6aoGo6L6i57E8uMY-OFBv-HDJz_KCVHxC8c8I2lR4dK_iL4wsE5gt4rOxSe9jrjLaXpAv1pw4GjXGNDCEQ6AXvt

Sorry if it doesn't work, but anything in it will be marvy

Rain said…
Sorry about your bum ankle!! I hope it heals soon!
Thanks Mother Em. I will check that out.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart