Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, December 16, 2021

High Wind Warnings again and other chit-chat

I heard we were to get up to 50 mph wind last night.  We got it and I can still hear it from inside the house.  Last night I had to ask my husband to go latch a lock on a barn door.  I didn't want to, but the wind would have whipped that door upwards.  He did go out and latch it.

I am thankful for the easy meal ideas I put in the freezer.  I thought we had bought a cauliflower, but after looking around I don't think I ended up getting one.  If I remember right, the organic were sold out.

Anyway, I put meatballs in the crockpot yesterday, with home canned BBQ sauce, and then later roasted asparagus and made easy quinoa. 

We have enough of two meals to do all leftovers tonight.  Yay for that.

I called Mom.  We shared our high's and low's from her recliner and from my bed.  We got a few chuckles.  She has been looking for her favorite nail polish.  The stores are sold out.   I helped her find it online, and it's shipped and headed to her house.  Guess what the name of it is?

Aphrodite's Pink Nightie (OPI).  Ha ha ha!  She is happy now.  She is also toying with the idea of hiring a cleaning person once a week.  Her friend stopped in and said she would gladly do it for Mom.  I am concerned about her memory.  She told me she hasn't driven for 2 months.  I didn't correct her.  She hasn't driven since last July.

The egg supply is low right now.  The chickens are getting their winter break.  No word yet on wood stove door.  I'm okay with that.  I need more healing before hauling wood inside.

I guess it's going to be windy the entire day today.  I guess my goal today is a few soaks with epsom salts, and today I'll search netflix for some crochet time.  The cooking channel gets me into trouble.

I've come up with a small, new item to add to my craft show stash.  Once a get a few more made I will share.

If I can stammer up enough energy, I will work on an easy breakfast casserole.  I hate seeing my husband leave with a clementine for breakfast.  Maybe pre-bake eggs on a sheet pan?  I don't know.  I guess we'll see if it even happens, ha ha!

When it's the right time to ask, I will ask my husband to re-prioritize our spring work.  I know we have home repairs to do first, but we do need a dog fence up.  I could really use one right now with this bum ankle.

4 comments:

Mother Em said...

Look up Al Roker's keto breakfast muffin...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/al-roker-favorite-low-carb-204100129.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAEB6l0I_1Hs5SMhyCTXmZL9w74p4j3BcXyhMIVwnTOC3e38vO2DOlD8Ekgzts7LeWlthoz2Ps1jGISlI5Lwhw6aoGo6L6i57E8uMY-OFBv-HDJz_KCVHxC8c8I2lR4dK_iL4wsE5gt4rOxSe9jrjLaXpAv1pw4GjXGNDCEQ6AXvt

Sorry if it doesn't work, but anything in it will be marvy

Rain said...

Sorry about your bum ankle!! I hope it heals soon!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Mother Em. I will check that out.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Rain