Skip to main content

Pulling what is left of the Garden and other chit chat

I should have pulled the last of the garden weeks ago, but you know how life goes.  I at least got the tomato plants and stakes pulled.  It's a start.  I'm still getting some hot peppers and picked one green bell pepper.

It's finally good weather to open the windows and left some fresh air inside.  The cool nights are so welcoming.

Daughter E is doing everything we have suggest to her to get better.  Our friend is home again, but on oxygen.

I baked us a strawberry crisp.  

Comments

Üs too. I am not Fall planting in the garden and putting mine too bed.
Lady Locust said…
I am keeping my garden going as long as possible this year (not so in previous years.)
Thankful for healing~
Jackie said…
I have some very small eggplants and bell peppers in the garden still. I am hoping that they get large enough to pick before we have another frost.

God bless.
Lisa, I am not fall planting either. Too many weeds. Covering it for the winter when it is all pulled.
Lady Locust, I'm hoping for a few more bell peppers and greens.
Jackie, I hope your eggplants and bell peppers grow more before the weather changes again.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart