Skip to main content

Hot Peppers and other tidbits


I did one more picking of the hot peppers.  Some went with my husband to his work to share with co-workers.  Three trays of the rest went into the freezer.

I spent most of the day doing housework and laundry.  There was so much to catch up on.

There are two upcoming large outdoor fall festivals (prior to the one I signed up for selling crafts).  If more people become sick from attending these, I plan on pulling out of my commitment (craft show), for the safety of my mother.

 Once again, Mom's 14 free frozen meals arrived rotten and thawed out.  They are once again shipping another 14 meals.  I however, would personally tell them to not attempt it anymore.  We can pick up groceries, and although the free meals would have helped, delivery is just not going to happen with today's situation.

It's just that more and more people we know are getting sick from attending large event.  Too close to home for us.

It's 58°F this morning, with wind and rain.  

Comments

mamasmercantile said…
So sorry to read about the defrosted meals, such a shame. I hope you can get some resolution to the problem.
Jackie said…
Same here, there are more and more people getting ill and each day it seems closer to home.

Stay safe and the same goes for your mother as well.

God bless.
Thank you mamasmercantile. I hope the next shipment arrives frozen.
Thank you Jackie, it is definitely too close to home, and we all need to be healthy to keep Mom healthy. It's a scary world right now.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart