Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, September 20, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday

 

We are still getting some hot peppers.  Rain is in the forecast for the next 4 days.  I'm okay with that.  

We spent a lot of our weekend in the "Big city" running errands, visiting with Mom and taking her food.  Her 6th shipment of her 14 free meals never arrived.

Speaking of the "Big City" more and more businesses have reduced their hours due to lack of staffing.  Many are closing a few days a week, and many have hardly nothing on their shelves.

We went to Home Depot and picked up more organic gardening soil for the grow bags, and they are all set for the garlic.  I also picked up 4 more flowers to plant.

Today I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. 
I will link up when she posts.  I am heading out to plant my garlic before the rain arrives.

On the breakfast plate . . .
Not sure yet.  I do know it will involve one green bell pepper I picked, one sweet potato and sausage.

Looking around the house . . .
There is much to tidy up and move to prep for ripping up the kitchen floor.  We don't have a day set, but it has to be done before winter.

On today's to-do list . . .
-fall plant garlic
-freeze all those peppers I picked
-make a breakfast casserole
-dump dead flower pots and deadhead flowers
-print a copy of a recipe for Mom
-pack and label some seeds I dried
-place a few orders
-master bath
-vacuum
-laundry
-clean up my computer/office area
-call senior center (to see if we can get Mom rides to her doctors when we are all unavailable)


Currently reading . . .
Mom gave me three books to read.  I decided on this one first.



On the TV this week . . .
Just finished Out Lander

The weather outside is . . 
Hot, rain for a few days, then a cool down midweek. 

On the menu this week . . .
-cheese sandwiches, home canned tomato soup
-

If I have a few minutes to myself I will . . .
Crochet.  Currently on the hook?


Scrubbies.

New recipe I tried or want to try . . .
I would like to try Kentucky Chocolate Chip Bourbon Pie.  It's not on the urgent list right now.

One of my simple pleasures . . .
Porch time, sipping hot coffee and reading letters that were written by or to my Dad that I really need to finish and pass on to the next person.


Favorite photo from the camera . . .


This morning's sunrise.


Praying for . . .
Mom's health, Daughter E, a few friends that are sick right now, the world


2 comments:

Luludou said...

That bourbon pie sure does sound good! so nice to see produce from the garden, so much tastier.
Have a great week

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Luludou, it sounds so good. If I make it, I will surely post the results.