Skip to main content

Why I Wear Cowboy Boots. . . Tidbits





It took me a while to figure out how to get this saved to my computer from social media, but I got it done.  It was too long to be able to upload the entire song. I had to save it in 3 short videos to post it on my blog.  I will try and make it a video on YouTube later when I have more time and upload the entire song.  My younger brother is working on a slideshow possibly for this song.

This is my Dad singing and playing his guitar.  He used to take song requests and play at a radio station in the 50's.  Happy birthday in Heaven to my Dad!

I thought I would spread some goodness and love today.  Hope you enjoyed it.  

Dad was a true cowboy.


My husband leaned over this basket and said, "it's like Christmas in a basket" ha ha!  I'll be out picking more over the next few days, but this has to be the worst tomato harvest we've ever had.  In 2016 we had a 300# year.  This year I'm barely bringing in enough to can small batch recipes. 

As for Mom, she had another fall.  Her 14 meals were delivered but had to be thrown out.  They must have sat on the Fed Ex truck way too long.  They delivered a wet, soggy box.  The dry ice had melted.  More meals are arriving Friday.  Praying they arrive cold this time.  We are taking care of meals today.  The delivery/mail systems are having staffing issues and of course slow right now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart