Skip to main content

Shopping Adventures ~ First Cruise In

During my last trip to the store (2nd attempt at another store), I bought the very last bottle of classic pectin.  However, I am still unable to find a vegetable brush for the camper (3 attempts).  

As far as produce?  I have not found what I need other than I found a half dozen ears of corn to grill.  

Although I have no photos to share today, I have a funny story to share.

We went out with friends to our first cruise in.  It is where the town has all older cars drive up and down main street.  People park along the roads and sit and watch.  Well, we decided to eat out before that.  

It's sort of funny, yet frustrating.  First we asked for silverware while we were ordering drinks.  Didn't get them.  I got my crowne royal served without the "rocks" so I fished them out of my ice water and added them.  We ordered 2 appetizers.  One arrived cold.  The other never arrived at all.

We asked for silverware again.  He brought one set.  We asked again.  He later brought 2 more.  We still need one more set.

Oh, and the complimentary bread they bring in the very beginning?  He brought 2 on a plate and there were 4 of us.

So, the food arrives.  Only one person got exactly what he ordered.  My husband ordered steak and he got ribs.  One ordered a burger and fries - no fries and over cooked burger.  Me, ha ha ha!  Here comes the funny part.  I look at my plate and there are no mashed potatoes and no gravy and half of my plate is filled with fries.

I give half the fries to the one that got no fries, and lift up my dry chicken.  I'm like what???



There is literally a piece of dry toasted Texas toast under it.  And yes, it was listed on our bill.

My husband took a bite to see if it was garlic bread.  Nope.  Dry, toasted, Texas toast.  Oh, and he served me with a tiny side of teriyaki sauce.  Who puts that on their country fried chicken????

I have no idea what in the blankety blank was going on.  Was the server not able to know what to write on our order or did the cook not read our order right?  I don't know, but we'll forever be talking about the Texas Toast on my plate and getting charged for it.  

We won't be back.  Just too much waiting around for not getting what you want, but bless the kid's heart for working.  Too bad they didn't train him well, but anyway, I suggested we pack a picnic or gather at one's house next event.

Oh, and getting the check?  It seems to take forever to get it anymore.  Then you pay at the table with a gizmo.  Paying cash is almost obsolete or you have to wait and wait.

Oh boy.   Today is a busy day, and all I want to do is sit and play cards on the porch.  It's a beautiful (what I call) camping weather day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart