Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, August 10, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday

I've got a bit "to-do" list to keep me busy for sure.  First the green beans needed picked, so that's off the list as I post this.
-water everything (again)-write out a menu for a camping trip
-clean up house and kitchen mostly
-laundry
-sweep and mop
-clean out fridge
-clean and freeze green beans
-freeze blackberries
-the list goes on and on....






Today I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  


The weather outside is . . .
Hot!  Gonna be up to 91°F and heat index will be hotter.

How I am feeling this morning. . . 
Better than yesterday, but dragging.  I hope my to-do list will help with that. 


On my mind . . . 
Geeze.  A lot.  Youngest daughter, us, her boyfriend's family, her boyfriend's best friend's family....a lot!  Looking forward to a few camping trips too.


On the breakfast plate . . .
Nothing.  It's almost 11am and all I've had is coffee.


On my reading pile . . .
My Bible, devotionals

On my TV . . .
Sons of Anarchy


On the menu . . . .
-Homemade meatballs, homemade hot banana pepper sauce (crock pot), jalapeno creamed corn (crock pot), and home grown green beans, tomato cucumber salad
-have no idea


From the camera . . .


Looking around the house . . .
It's in disarray, but hopefully I can straighten'r up today (a bit).


Chore I am not looking forward to this week . . .
Clean out the fridge.  I swear there are things growing in there and most unidentifiable.  Sigh...


Something I want to share . . .
Nothing online, just some projects on the hooks.  Will share a post later hopefully.


On my prayer list . . .
Youngest, Us, friends of ours, this country, our President, our state (the Governor is out of control!!!!).

10 comments:

Jean said...

Pretty picture! Ugh, you reminded me I also need to clean out my fridge (again). Not my favorite chore either. Hope you have a great week!

Goatldi said...

Hey after the fridge confession I imagine that you won the science fair at school !😊

Joanna Unbehaun said...

I'm intrigued by your meatballs.
Also, cleaning out the fridge is my least favorite chore EVER.
Try and have a good week!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Jean

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Goatldi, thanks for the good laugh!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Joanna, I think I have the meatball recipe on here somewhere. I'll try and find it for you. As for the sauce this time, it was a new recipe. Seems like I was to put up a recipe for the green pepper pesto too. I'll work on that this week.

wyomingheart said...

Hope that camping trip gives everyone some relief from heat and some healing for y’all hearts! I think I enjoy cleaning the fridge even less than cleaning the durn cat box! Just a necessary evil! Lol ! Have a great day!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

wyomingheart, I am so looking forward the camping trip.

Luludou said...

I like the picture. I understand about LONG to-do lists... I wonder why some people never have long lists though?
Have fun camping!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Luludou, I just hope it doesn't rain on us, ha ha! It's in a few weeks, and we have been complaining about our drought year. Then again we can play cards in the camper and cook under the awning, but I do love campfire meals.