Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, August 20, 2020

Christmas Planning ~ Free Printable ~ Other Ramblings



It's official.  The last breakfast casserole is our new Christmas morning breakfast now.  I will make it a few more times and add greens, ground mustard and possible half spicy sausage to try it that way.  It's going in my "Christmas" Binder.  

The honey roasted caramel corn is definitely in the recipe box and will be in the treat list for the holidays.  


I found a free printable online at the Homestead Hustle, it's called Product Pricing Worksheet.  It's great to keep track of cost and sale price for homemade or homegrown items you sell.


I bought myself a few new stitch markers.  So adorable!


My fall center piece made from a free metal strainer, and decor from the dollar store (bought by one of my girls).


Made a cucumber/tomato salad.


Picked another 1 1/2 cups blackberries to freeze.


Froze a quart bag of diced green bell peppers.



12 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Love the look of your Christmas breakfast, it looks so tasty and will be a real treat. The stitch markers were a delight, so very pretty.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, thanks. I will use red and green bell pepper next time. I just had green and orange the day I tried it.

Angela said...

Love how resourceful you are. The freezing of green bell peppers is a great idea. I should try to plant peppers, next year hopefully!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Angela, we use them in just about anything - breakfast, casseroles, soups, corn muffins and more. I also freeze them in slices for roasted veggies, fajitas, chicken stir fry etc.

Cockeyed Jo said...

You've been a busy little beaver. I dehydrate my berries for muffins. I only freeze berries to go into a fruits salad and top desserts.

Wildflower Adventures said...

I've started Christmas stuff too. I'm interested in that breakfast dish. Looks good. I froze some okra, looks like you pans.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, that's a good idea too. We are just not getting enough this year due to the drought.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Wildflower Adventures, if you go back a few posts to the first time I made the dish, I believe I told everyone where the recipe is online. Thanks.

RB said...

All so beautiful, and I really like the idea of breakfast casseroles.
You could even make them the day before and then cook them the morning of, I think.
I pray this plague is over soon. I'm hungry for some Western Sizzlin' Buffet, but then that's selfish when one thinks about the sick and dying or those who have lost a beloved one because of it. :(
Prayers for us all. I think we need it.
God bless you a..
Have a good weekend.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, yes, prayers for all

Katmom said...

Our weather finally got hot,, up in the high 90's and my pickles, and tomatoes are not ripening at the same time,, so I think I will make freezer tomato sauce, as well as freezer pickled beets.. As for the onions and bell peppers,, I , like you am freezing them.
As for my Okra,, I seem to only be able to pick4-5 every other day,, yep,, not my best gardening year.. but then,, this has been a rather wonky year..
That is the good thing about gardens,, you always can 'do-over' the next year! lol!
Have a lovely Sunday.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Katmom, I may need to freeze tomatoes whole and make sauce this winter. Mine are not coming on red at the same time either. Oye.