Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

It was my turn to take the lead for the day, as Hubby was super tired, exhausted, and plain worn out.  

The rain continues to fall, so the expensive electric dryer has been humming more often than not lately.  I'm not happy about it, but I can't do anything about the rain but pray it quits.

I think I need a second Mother's Day off from cooking.  Whew.  I dirtied so many dishes yesterday.  After getting a breakfast casserole mixed up, I had to wash dishes just to make dinner.

Granola bars - cherry, chocolate chip with hemp seeds.


Breakfast casserole.  I dug out my frozen organic cottage cheese for this one.  Worked perfect.  I had to taste it since I never made this one before.


Dinner - Chicken spaghetti, and at the last minute decided on corn vs. asparagus.  I'd like to pick a bit more for another meal.

Sorry it's all food pictures.  I'm pretty sure you don't want to see rain and clouds.


Comments

mamasmercantile said…
I am quite happy with food pictures, they are inspiring. Loved the look of the granola bars, a perfect pick me up/snack.
Rain said…
Nothing wrong with food pictures!!! :) The breakfast casserole looks so yummy! I hope your rain stops soon, we're having some this week too. It's like the seasons are forgetting what month it is or something...April showers?...where are my May flowers??? Seems like May showers will bring June flowers!
Leigh said…
I like food pictures! And you always have some inspirational ones. :)
Thank you mamasmercantile
Rain, I sure hope we get a big enough break from the rain to till the garden. We haven't been able to even step in there yet.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart