Skip to main content

Steak Sheet Pan Dinner ~ Whiskey/Blue Cheese Butter

I made a steak/potato/asparagus sheet pan dinner the other night, and all of us were disappointed in the steaks - organic ribeye and expensive.  They were more fatty than I have ever purchased.  These are typically not available until "grilling" season starts, and I was super excited to have them again.  This time?  Not so.  I'll be checking out a new organic, grass fed farm that is one hour away.

I however, made our delicious whiskey/garlic butter (Black and Blue Cheese Butter) to top the steaks and potatoes, so now I have to use up that butter one way or another.

The recipe for the sheet pan dinner is from Rachel Ray's show.  Just google it.  Super easy, I just need a new steak to use for it. 

Please be patient with me catching up with your blogs.  I have so much to catch up on in my kitchen alone right now.  Hmpf.  I know it'll be so nice when I'm done.  Now, if I can get Hubby to start on that bathroom.  Again.

Rain is in the forecast for the next 15 days.  

Comments

Rain said…
15 days??? Eeek. I get uppety when I see TWO days of rain...the meal looks so good, too bad about the steaks. I love the butter idea. I would use that on mashed potatoes and eat that as dinner!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart