Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, March 14, 2019

This and That

The bathroom remodel is ongoing.  Just trying to find a shower to fit to replace the old one, and someone to install the flooring (we may do it ourselves). 

Go figure.  I finally get a 60-70 degree day today, to clean the over loaded chicken coop, and the winds are expected at 45mph with the risk of bad thunderstorms.  

We are still truck shopping.  Hubby has a knack for this, so I am not a bit concerned.  He knows what needs fixed on our one daughter's car, so that's ongoing as well.

Hubby announced he may be forced overtime on the day I booked the next craft show.  If he works, I have to be a no-show, and that is bothersome.  But....his income is far more than I could ever make a craft show.  Time will tell.

We almost went on a motorcycle ride last night - high of 54°F, but the driveway was pretty wet yet.  We stayed in.  We won't be going on one today, unless the weather prediction is incorrect.

We are on the search for some old clay field tiles.  I found some, but it's quite a drive.  I'm hoping we locate a farmer around here with some laying around.  I need some for the garden this year.

Not much else going on here right now.  I should have some handiwork photos to share soon.  Garden seeds are started, and I received free heirloom cabbage seeds from Baker Creek. I will be starting those today to see how those do in the garden.

8 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Such a shame that you may have to miss the craft fair and a chance to sell your wares but makes sense if hubby earns more.

Susan said...

Doesn't it seem that every change in the weather is brought in on 50 mph winds? It's crazy. I hope you get to the craft fair but, if you don't, can you put them in your online shop?

Leigh said...

Sheesh, that wind! Puts a damper on everything. But that's how it is this time of year, eh? Sometimes all we can do is wait!

Sam I Am...... said...

I have seeds to start and more to order...I'm late as usual! Glad you got some decent weather for a change. It's windy here too...Mother Nature is Spring cleaning! LOL! Good luck with all your purchases.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile, I'll find out tonight

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, this weather is just crazy this year. Yeah, if I don't get to go, I'll put some items online.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Leigh, at least the wind dries up the rain.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Sam I Am.