Skip to main content

Weekend Updates

The craft/vendor show was a flop.  I sold all three dishcloths I posted the day prior, some scrubbies, one mug/coaster set and one necklace.

We sold very little, and after covering the cost of the tables, get this...made a whole $7.00.  Sadly.  It's the last one until fall, although there may be one in late April, I am declining.  I have gardening, motorcycle rides, wood cutting and other projects to be done.  Not to mention the bathroom remodel

Sunday Hubby cooked us breakfast.  Youngest Daughter did hair and makeup for another school's musical (gaining required hours for cosmetology).  

Our 21 year-old moved back in.

The boys came out to dig out some barn siding to build a horse shelter.  They helped cut beams for us to burn.  It was cold.  Snow moved back in late evening, but we see another warm up next weekend. 

Comments

Wendy said…
Well your short lines tell a lot more then the short lines themselves... Sometimes you have those days. Hope things will work out.
We have had some really bad weather here, loads of stormy rainy days. It gets to you. Today the sun is shining and I feel the energy coming from it. Already cleaned a lot and baked bread. Hope the sun shows up on your side of the earth too.
Wendy
Thanks Wendy, the sun would be grand today.
Mama Pea said…
Sounds like a weekend that was hard. But it's over now and here's hoping this new week will bring you sunshine and only good happenings. Hugs sent from Minnesota.
Sue O said…
Sadly I found that the only craft shows that we made money on were the fall into Christmas season. While many local shows were in the late winter and spring we avoided them after a few failures. I think those later in the year bring in more people and the holidays are creeping up so sales were much better.
While sales would have been great, this gives you a chance to slowly build up inventory although I always hated putting the $$ out with nothing coming in.

Sue
Thanks Mama Pea, day one with our 21 year-old hasn't started off. Well, it could have been my oldest that stopped over too, but one of them left the coffee pot on all night, and burned the coffee. Could have been bad, and I was not a happy Mom this morning, but the sun is out.
I'm totally the same way as you Sue, nothing coming in makes is difficult to shell out to restock. Sigh.
Susan said…
I think communities need more consignment opportunities for talented people like you. All you need to sell out is for people to actually see your work - it's fabulous! You're going to have to install a revolving door on your house, LOL!
Lisa B said…
So I came late to the party as they say Kristina. Will you please explain your family dynamics? I have a blended family too and am curious or probably nosey lol. I didn't realize you had any boys between you and your husband. If it's too personal I understand.
RB said…
So sorry to hear about the craft show. Was it the weather do you think? With your 21-year old moving back in, maybe you'll have help with the spring planting, if spring ever gets here. sigh
Cold and blowy here, but nothing like the midwest and you are experiencing. Prayers for you all.
God bless.
RB
<><
Ha, Susan, we hope our daughter will be in her own apt come June. I guess we'll see. We used to have a lot of consignment shops, but all closed sadly.
Lisa B, we are a blended family with one son, but that's not who came out. Who came out were his nephew and his nephew's boys. They are always so willing to help out in any way they can, and we appreciate it.
RB, the weather wasn't bad that day. As for the daughter who moved back in, she works all day long and gets home later than Hubby does. I don't see her helping much, but we'll see.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart