Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, March 29, 2019

Surprise Mail and other tidbits

I was shocked to get this in the mail the other day!  So happy!  I also received a bag of yarn, left tied up in a bag on my door handle from another person.  Yay!


My new truck. It's really for the both of us, but it'll be my daily set of "wheels" so I don't have to keep asking the kids to rescue me to get out of the house anymore.   Remember I said we had "big ticket" jobs/purchases this year?  Well, this one is one of them. Tinted windows and 4 wheel drive.  No massage seats though, ha ha!  Oh my gosh, the gadgets in this thing?  Oye.  Big Red (the old truck) will be sold.  

Something funny to share about the truck.  We took it out to dinner the night Hubby brought it home.  Daughter was in the back and wasn't getting out.  She told us she couldn't get out, it was locked.  Later Hubby left to get in the truck first to let her drive.  He headed out before us.  When we got out there, he was yelling at us to open his back door, ha ha!  He was locked in too.  We need to deactivate the child lock, ha ha!

12 comments:

Carol said...

Congratulations on the new to you truck! I love the color of it and those child locks are a bad thing for adults. LOL!!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Carol, we truly got a good laugh about the child locks. I guess that's a good thing if you have young children, but not good for us adults, lol!

Mama Pea said...

How great it must feel to have a vehicle at your disposal now! I know we homesteading gals don't feel the need to leave the property too often, but what an inconvenience when we have to/want to and can't. Throws a clinker in your whole schedule!

What nice surprises you recently received. You must have been a very good girl!

Faith said...

Nice truck, you'll be styling while your tooling around. Pretty nice surprise the yarn what will you make with the bounty?

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, it feels grand to have a vehicle now. Geeze, it's been driving me mad too. It was a very nice surprise to receive the yarn too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Faith, I am not sure what I'll make with the yarn just yet. I'm currently restocking items I sold at winter market days.

Sam I Am...... said...

Nice set of wheels you got there! The child locks, if I remember are just a switch that you flick on the side of the door when it is open...the part you can't see when the door is closed. Lucky you with gifts galore!

Rain said...

Ha ha...the child lock...oh my gosh I was turned off by all the gadgets in the SUV I got in 2013...now those electric windows don't all work. And the garage said I'm looking at thousands to change the computer that signals the windows. The heck with that! I wish I could change them to the old fashioned roll down windows...It's a NICE truck though!

Mother Em said...

So glad the yarn arrived and you "received!" Good little stash to start restocking; hope it will come to good use.

mamasmercantile said...

Congratulations on your new purchase, makes life so much easier when you have a vehicle you can use. How wonderful to be given the yarn, always a joy to receive post.

Goatldi said...

Congrats!

But don’t be too quick to deactivate that feature. It could come in handy. 😊

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Rain, I'm with you on the gadgets. They cost too much to fix when the stop working. I remember those roll down windows.