Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Here comes that word again - Prepare

I'm finally getting around to researching some poultry travel crates for meat birds.  If you have purchased any, and have reviews, and prices, I'd be interested in your thoughts.




It's time to prepare seeds for this year's garden.  Sending up prayers and goof vibes we all have a grand one this year.

Hubby's cousin found free maple (dry) for us.  She and Hubby (or with myself) will either team up to fetch it, or she'll deliver it so we just have to split it.  It's 2 truck loads of wood.  So thankful for that, and helps us stay ahead of splitting wood this spring.




4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

How wonderful to have the wood ready for you. We have just planted up some early potatoes and made a start on some of the seed trays.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, Thanks. We are thrilled.

Susan said...

Thank goodness for friends and family! Especially when they help you deliver! I don't remember where I got my poultry crates - but when I went online, I saw that Amazon (of course) has something similar. They are not cheap. They are worth the price if you are going to be taking your chickens to a processor, as it's a messy business. I ended up processing my own, but at my neighbor's, so they were worth every penny.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Susan, I found some for $65 just in case I need them. We have to drive 1 hour for processing in our parts. No one nearby knows how to butcher them, nor has the space. Hubby's cousin offered to help me, so we'll see what happens.