Skip to main content

Tidbits

I made a loaf of bread using the recipe Sam I Am shared at her blogspot - farmgirlsam.

How did it turn out?

Pretty darn good if I say so myself.  Thanks for the recipe!

Hubby and I were to be meeting up at 7am this morning, and riding the Triple Nickle Ride today.  Last night those plans changed.  It takes great concentration to ride a curvy, twisty road, with hills and surprises at the top.  He came home in pain from the dentist last night.  That's okay.  I think we'd rather go do that ride, and stay the night vs. ride the motorcycle back late, and so tired.  It's about a 60 mile ride, but first you have to get there.  Getting there takes about 3 hours. I had accounted for the loss of gardening time for this ride too, but taking advantage of being home now.

Guess who is driving now?  Youngest just went to the "Big City" and obtained her driver's permit.  Last one to learn to drive.

 

Comments

Rain said…
Congrats to "Youngest"! :) I only got my license when I was 31. I lived in the city pretty much until then so had no use for it. I think it made me very appreciative of being in a car and on the road. That's a nice looking loaf! I made bread too this morning...gotta love that smell! When will you guys be doing the road trip after all?
Sam I Am...... said…
So glad you liked the recipe...to me it is a no-fail recipe which is what I like! LOL! I'm not the greatest cook but I try to emulate the great ones. Yours turned out beautiful!
Rain, the road trip won't be any time soon. My shoulder needs looked at, and taking ibuprofen has upset my stomach. So I can't take that, nor motrin. I have no other natural "pain killers" for inflammation or muscle pain, so I have to struggle through it. As for Youngest. She turns 16 this coming December.
Thanks Sam I Am, the family loved it.
RB said…
Is there anything in the word better than fresh baked bread? Personally, I think not - unless it's a slice of fresh baked bread slathered with a nice chunk of butter. LOL
Prayers for all of us this coming week, that it be a wonderful week, and a safe one too.
God bless.
RB
<><
Susan said…
Oh-oh! Looks like your car is going to be commandeered again! That loaf of bread looks wonderful! Hope you get good news from your doctor on that shoulder.
RB, thanks for the prayers. We need them this week.
Susan, no help from the doctor today. I'll be posting. But yes, she is a new driver now. Hope I'm up for it.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart