Skip to main content

The Back Porch

 (Me and my more off than on again book)

Although we love our front porch, we do have a back porch.  More like a side porch.  The front faces east, while the other one faces south.  Sort of a boring post, but Hubby gave me a bloody nose this morning, so I'm hurtin'.
He lost is grip on the head board, and his head landed right on my nose (when we went to kiss me before leaving for work).  The results?  A headache and bloody nose.

Here is the "back" porch....





 Guest visitor, ha ha!

The umbrella must come down at night.  A good swift wind will rip it right up and over the roof.    

It's our other "hangout."  A welcome place for a get together, and a nice place to sit in the shade and breeze for part of the day.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
How nice you have the two porches! Different options for different parts of the day. And lots of seating for all who might want to congregate. We have just the south facing deck on our place. It gets sun for only about 2-3 hours a day (the woods on one side and a beautiful, big, twin birch tree on the other) so it's a nice place in the summer. If the bugs aren't biting!

Bet your hubby felt awful about giving you the bloody nose this morning. And all in an effort to be sweet and loving!
Mama Pea, having the front and back porch has been wonderful for summer/fall gatherings here. Yes, Hubby felt awful. He texted me after he went to work and said, "now you know what it really feels to be a boxer," ha ha ha! It still hurts.
Rain said…
Oh my gosh you're worse than me! Every time I read a new post, you've hurt yourself again. Poor you, I hope it feels better soon. Your furniture is so nice!! I LOVE the porch swing. Mine tore last summer after a good decade + of use and I can't wait to get another one! Though it wouldn't fit on my tiny lop-sided porch, we'll wait to get one until we have our permanent home.
Rain, Hubby went to work feeling awful, but the laughed and joked about it with co-workers, ha ha!
RB said…
Sorry to hear about your injury. Boy! That musta been some KISS. LOL
Your back "porch" (we'd call it a patio down south) looks lovely, and shaded. We have a nice little side porch too, but it and the front porch which is little more than a covered concrete "stoop" are in full sun most of the day, and that's too brutal for nice sitting down south, so we have several sitting areas out under the trees.
Prayers everyone's back from a safe holiday and is having a great week.
God bless.
RB
<><
Debby Flowers said…
your home always looks so inviting and comfortable!
RB, that kiss gave us a story to share for many years to come, lol!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart