Skip to main content

Homemade Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup

Per a request for the recipe. . .

I've been making this homemade version of "canned" cream of mushroom soup since February of 2014.  The link in my post below.


Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup

Another post with a few photos


....contains the link to the actual recipe online.  She has added fresh thyme to the recipe since I started making it, and have not added it to mine (yet).

She also has the recipes for condensed cream of celery soup and condensed cream of chicken soup.  I have made all three of the recipes and they are keeper recipes for me.

I adapt the recipes with organic/non-gmo ingredients for the healthiest soup recipes.

I can say that the original recipe she had up, stated two cremini mushrooms.  Same with shallots, but she has listed amounts now.  Our stores stopped selling bulk cremini mushrooms all together, so I now buy organic baby bella mushrooms for ours. 

I love it.  The shallots bring the party to the soup mix for sure.  So good.  I mix it one "can" at a time, and freeze it in glass freezer containers or sometimes the BPA free plastic containers (as shown in my photo).

Someone once asked me how much it makes, and it is basically equal to one can of the store brand.  One batch of this to every can the recipe calls for.  It's divine on pork chops in the crockpot too.

Homemade Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup © January 2025 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Betsy said…
The recipe sounds wonderful. So many recipes call for these different cans of soup and they are all delicious but have so many ingredients in them that aren't good. It's nice to have alternatives.
Blessings,
Betsy
Jackie said…
Homemade condensed mushroom soup is also great on steaks that need to be cooked a bit longer and meatballs.

God bless.
Betsy it is very good. So much healthier too.
Jackie, great idea. I put home canned BBQ sauce on our meatballs, as well as tomato sauce. Never thought to use the mushroom soup on those, or steaks. Thanks.
Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Anne in the kitchen, you are welcome.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart