Skip to main content

Gizmo/Gadget

 

I am not an affiliate with Amazon (or other stores), but here is what we decided on for the night light in one of the bathrooms.  It is chargeable, has 4 light settings, and can be taken off the included stand, and can be used as a "flash light" if needed.




It has an on, off and auto setting, so it can be left on, turned off, or set to auto to motion detect.  When set on auto, it only turns on, when motion is detected, and only in the dark.  We love it.  I may buy one for the camper too.  I found it on Amazon, but it very well may be in stores.   We wanted something that did all these things, but was solar chargeable, and we could not find a solar chargeable one, so we settled on this gadget.



And because I wanted one, and the only place I think I would find one is a store within a flea market 3 hours away, I bought a teabag squeezer.  Some of our teabags, including home sealed bags, have no string.  These work like tongs.  Again, found it on Amazon.  Just sharing.  My husband laughed at my gizmo.  He said he's Dad just pinched his teabag with his fingers.  Ouch!

Prayer request update:

Thank you for your prayers for my cousin, her husband and cats out in the LA area.  We last heard they were boxing up anything they deemed valuable, as the city was "burning down around them" and they described it as "Armageddon."  Her last message stated a friend was at her home too, sobbing as their house burned down.  It is so unreal, scary, and devastating.  They have more friends that also lost their homes.  I cannot even imagine.  

Comments

Betsy said…
I like both of your gizmo's and I might just look that light up to put in our camper. I saw a photo on one of my FB groups yesterday. She took a photo from the window of her house of the fire and then said an hour later the house was completely gone. Devastating.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
The fires and destruction near LA is so sad. That is a great night light!
Betsy, I bought the light on Amazon. It's called an LED night light. I am pretty sure I will walk around the house and see if we need another one ha ha! I love it. Yes, we got a photo sent to us of our cousin's sunset the other night. Very scary. I'll see if I can get it from my phone to computer so you all can see.
Far Side of Fifty. I love it, because our house lacks outlets. It's perfect for where we need it. So far the charge has lasted pretty long in our opinion.
Carol said…
What interesting gadgets. I squeeze my tea bags with my fingers as well. I let them cool a bit first. I may have to search for one of these. So sorry to hear of your cousin having to leave her home. Wildfires are such a loss to communities.
Carol, I love my teabag squeezer. I'm sure a specialty tea store would sell them, but we don't have those here. I had ot order it on Amazon. So far, my cousin is still in their home. They are packed up and ready in case of evacuation (last update).

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart