Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Homemade Granola Bars

 I have had homemade granola bars on my to-do list for months, and have not gotten around to making a batch.  A daughter had requested the recipe, but I have made a few different ones over the years.

My Mom gave me a recipe for peanut butter granola bars.  They require a cereal, but when I made them, I found an organic non-gmo cereal variety that worked with with them.  I have no idea if the cereal even exists anymore, but the recipe for those can be found HERE



I do roast the nuts and oats in the oven, but it's not necessary.



I use one of my measuring cup bottoms to press the mixture down into the pan, and fold the parchment over a bit to press down the edges.  Otherwise, it will stick your spatula or hands.



Another variety of homemade granola bars, uses a bit of butter, and we do love this one too (more of a fruit/nut bar).  The recipe is posted HERE on my blog, but it does contain sugar (brown sugar).  I have not tried making them with monkfruit, but I will be giving it a try next time.

Cut, wrap, or put in sandwich bags.  Store in the fridge.

Homemade Granola Bars © Dec 2023 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart


2 comments:

Leigh said...

I never thought about making granola bars, but what a great thing to have on hand. Good tips about how to press the mixture down. That will come in handy for a number of recipes!

Happy New Year!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Leigh, for some reason, the mixture does not stick to the bottom of my measuring cup. It stick to other utensils and my hands. Enjoy!