Skip to main content

Chit Chat

 



The pretty sunrises are dwindling as we move into the winter season.  It has been cold enough to cause frost on the vehicles and lots of scraping.  I enjoy the crisp air, as it wakes me up, and makes me feel energized.  The chickens?  Probably not, ha ha!  They (as well as us), are truly enjoying the sunshine.

There have been more and more coyote sightings, and in the country now.  We ourselves, have not seen or heard any.

I have survived the worst of the dental work, and for the first time in many, many years, I had to take Tylenol for pain.  It's the worst timing, as far as the holiday goes, but had to be done.  It also took me out of commission for about two to three days.  Imagine something in your eye and you can't get relief.  That is what is feels like with a sore jaw/mouth.  It's still sore today, but feeling better. Although, I have been advised to eat on one side of mouth for over a week.  


I finished my husband's matching winter scarf.  It has been crossed off the "unfinished" list now.  The remaining yarn, will be used for scrap lap afghans.  Secretly, I want to make myself one.  I don't have any more of the stripe yarn, but I do love the soft texture, and how it blends into a nice pattern for the scarf.  I just don't think they make a color to match my winter coat.


I am trying to catch up with housework, meal prep and baking.  The new chicken coop is on delay again, mostly due to me not feeling up to it, and more so the weather.  

Speaking of weather, they are forecasting zero snow for Christmas this year.  I'll admit, I think I would be in a more festive mood if we did have snow.

I have found a recipe for instant mocha coffee, but have not found a sugar-free peppermint syrup.  Our grocery store does not carry it.  I think, years ago, I ordered it online, but cannot remember.



Comments

Jackie said…
Forecasting a brown Christmas here as well.

God bless.
I hate going to the dentist and put it off. After the new year, I will need to go to one - no dental insurance. I do wish Medicare paid for dental care. It's us seniors who have the worst dental issues.
Jackie, we've been having some rather warm weather for December this year.
Debby, I had so many problems, I ran my dental benefits completely out this year. I'm so glad I am back to my old dentist (who takes our insurance, but it is a very minimum insurance).

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart