Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, December 28, 2023

Egg Soufflé (aka Christmas Morning Casserole)

 


Sharing one of our favorite Christmas morning breakfast dishes (again).  However, I have made it for other occasions.

The recipe is on my blog HERE.  I have made this with homemade bread, and it still turned out delicious.  Homemade sage sausage is good with this too.



The best part of this breakfast recipe, is it is made the night before, covered and baked the next morning.  You could also use leftover ham, or bacon, but we've always made it with sausage.

The recipe was given to me by a co-worker, many, many years ago.

The weather here is still rain. It's also causing a muddy mess outside.  It's definitely been a warmer December this year.


Egg Souffle © Dec 2023 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

2 comments:

Carol said...

This dish looks delicious. I just shared with my husband, and I am sure we will be making it soon.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, we've been making this for over 30 years, and we still love it. I have never tried it with bacon or ham, but it is good.