Skip to main content

New Project ~ Peppermint Tea

 

My newest project - baby pacifier leash.  I have a grand-niece about to give birth, and will hopefully get a few more made in different colors.  Sadly, I do not have a finished baby blanket/booties to gift her right now.

I am working on the un-finished baby blanket that I found in my closet.  It's hit or miss, depending on how I feel.  We sipped hot peppermint leaf tea yesterday, and it opened up our nasal passages better than nasal spray.

On a good note, the nursing home has not called again with any more cases, but more friends of ours have it now.

If anything gets done today, it'll be hitting the "sanitize" button on the washing machine and the "self-clean" button on the oven.  It's a good (wind chill 4°F) cold day to do it.

My ankle feels normal again. Finally.  Not sure if the immune boost pills we are taking helped heal it up, but it is nice to have my regular walk/movement back.

Daughter K goes back to work today.  I know she is still feeling blah, so I hope her day goes well.

Comments

Carol said…
Be thankful that you and your family are well. I hope your daughter has a good day at work.
Carol, although we didn't have the worse symptoms our daughter had, we still have fatigue and now my husband has a cough. The doctor sent in paperwork for him to get antibody infusion but there is a shortage in our area (2,700 new cases in the last week of covid).

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart