Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, January 21, 2022

New Project ~ Peppermint Tea

 

My newest project - baby pacifier leash.  I have a grand-niece about to give birth, and will hopefully get a few more made in different colors.  Sadly, I do not have a finished baby blanket/booties to gift her right now.

I am working on the un-finished baby blanket that I found in my closet.  It's hit or miss, depending on how I feel.  We sipped hot peppermint leaf tea yesterday, and it opened up our nasal passages better than nasal spray.

On a good note, the nursing home has not called again with any more cases, but more friends of ours have it now.

If anything gets done today, it'll be hitting the "sanitize" button on the washing machine and the "self-clean" button on the oven.  It's a good (wind chill 4°F) cold day to do it.

My ankle feels normal again. Finally.  Not sure if the immune boost pills we are taking helped heal it up, but it is nice to have my regular walk/movement back.

Daughter K goes back to work today.  I know she is still feeling blah, so I hope her day goes well.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Be thankful that you and your family are well. I hope your daughter has a good day at work.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, although we didn't have the worse symptoms our daughter had, we still have fatigue and now my husband has a cough. The doctor sent in paperwork for him to get antibody infusion but there is a shortage in our area (2,700 new cases in the last week of covid).