Skip to main content

Weekend Woes

Yesterday I started out strong with cleaning, but fizzled out fast.  I got some kitchen cleaning done, and bedding washed and back on.

Today, we are dealing with the water line from the water softener to the utility sink - busted and flooded floor this morning.

On top of replacing the wood stove grate (fit like a glove) and getting the stove back to heating, we are dealing with not feeling good on top of it all.

It's a battle daily, but we are gaining I think.

It didn't take long for me to get text messages after Mom was back in her home (alone).  First, it was my sister asking if I had an extra blender for Mom to have her wanted chipped ice (that she freely got while in the nursing home).  I told her to order one online and ship it to Mom's or go buy one in town.  I was no help.

I got another text from Mom at 10pm.  Asking for help. We were in bed.  We tire out very quickly, and are in bed early (with 12-13 hours of sleep, that tired).  I texted back today, and asked "exactly" what do  you need help with?

First, we are down one vehicle, two work, and one has dog duty and wood stove duty.  Second, we all three are not feeling 100% yet.  I still have laryngitis.  Third, roads are bad and weather is terrible.  I don't know what my sister expected of us, but we warned her that Daughter K is moving soon as well, and Mom will have little help during winter (I was all for Mom staying in the nursing home).  I think my sister is in denial.  

Anyway, I hope your weekend is going much better than ours, ha ha!  Does anyone know where I can order 36 cell plant start trays (unfilled) online and shipped to my home?  I am not up to shopping yet.  Thanks in advance!

Comments

Jackie See said…
Prayers for your bodies to gain strength and heal quickly. I am also down with covid right now, crazy symptoms but mostly no energy, my evenings too are filled with exhaustion. I just went through moving my mom into a facility and I am now going through it again with our daughter. This is a very tough journey. I pray for God to light your path each day. ~jackie~
Jackie, the exhaustion of covid is horrible. We are still dealing with it daily. Sending prayers for you as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart