Skip to main content

Cold but no snow . . .

The southern area of our state is being slammed with snow, however, we woke up to no snow here.  It continues to remain cold.

My husband is home today (holiday), and has wood split for the week (took great energy to do).

Talked to my Mom yesterday, and she is doing okay.  I plan to find some brain game books for her today online.  

There is another staff member at the nursing home that tested positive with covid.

Daughter K remains down and out.  She literally has been on the sofa for days now.  My husband is taking the dogs out, but he is now feeling fatigue.  We'll find out today if he has covid or not.  I myself, have not been sick for 5 years.  I feel horrible.  The fatigue is keeping me down as well.  We are pulling out all my tricks of the herbal trades, and taking immune boost pills.

I am thankful for crochet quarantine projects, but have no energy to read a book right now.  I am back to working on the baby blanket and watching movies and cooking shows. 

Comments

Carol said…
If you have COVID, you need zinc and vitamin C for sure.
Debi said…
So sorry you are all feeling poorly. I hope you are all feeling better very soon.
Carol, we all 3 have it, and have been taking C, D and Zinc since the beginning of the pandemic, and now taking immune boost pills as well.

Thank you Debi
Faith said…
Fatigue is the thing for sure. I am 25 days and fight it every day, some better than others I tire so easily. Hope this moves on from your family soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart