Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Tuesday Tidbits

Before more morning fog rolled in Tuesday morning.  Pretty too.

I'm using a new method of natural remedy for my bite.  Still not sure what it was or where it happened, but the new method is working good.  I'll post what I did if it heals as fast as I as told.

I armed Hubby with wasp spray last night, and made sure doors were open so he could run in if he had too (last time he ran in a wasp followed him in).  We are hoping this kills them all off and we can start working on the old truck.

It's been difficult to locate hot banana peppers.  Even at local produce stands.   They are never sold in the stores either Tomatoes are slime pickin's too.  It's just limited almost everywhere due to the weather here.

I didn't get my homemade laundry detergent made yesterday, so it's first on today's list.

10 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kristina glad your bite is healing,those wasps are nasty.
Hope you got time today to make your detergent xx

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Sheryl.

Mary said...

Kristina, spider bites can be infected from the spider’s venom so if it gets bigger, changes color or just persists see a doctor please.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mary, thanks. It's already reduced in size after using plantain to pull out any poison. Don't worry. My family is keeping an eye on it too, ha ha! However, this new herbal topical method has reduced the wound even more than using plantain.

Susan said...

Wasps have been bad this year - seems like the only thing flourishing in this weather. Given your sensitivity to stings, please take care!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Susan, it was Hubby who got stung, and now I gotta tell him there is a nest in the hinge of his old truck. Urgh.

Mary said...

Oh I’m so glad. A friend in the Pacific NW got a spider bite staying with her son to help him settle in when he moved into a rental house, and she got hit by one of those recluse spiders, within a week her ankle had turned blackish purple and she had to be hospitalized. So I’m relieved to know you are well, because my imagination went into overdrive after reading about your bite.

Carol said...

Oh if I dare walk outside the house in the evening I have bites all over me. Darn mosquitos! No type of bug repellent seems to help either. I pray that it will ease up soon.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mary I have a recluse scar, so I'm totally and sadly familiar with those spiders. I had to go through 3 doctors before they believed me, and it got bad, but no hospital thankfully.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, yes those mosquitoes are bad this year here too.