Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Hot and Humid


It was so hot and humid yesterday.  I had a smoothie for my lunch.  There was spinach and kale in it too.  Yum.




I put together another emergency crochet kit too.  Most items were only $1 each.


Oh what a mess it is.  It's the last thing to try and save.  The potatoes.


Day 1.  It doesn't look like I weeded much of it, but I un-buried about 8-10 potato plants.  

Day 2.  Not gonna happen.  If anything grew I'll know when I go to dig it all up.  Just not worth the aggravation right now.

It's back to the herb garden and flower beds.   All depends on the rain.  We got more last night.  A lot of it.  The herb garden is a total mess this year.  I don't have enough green onions to keep the grass down.  I'm about ready to dig the entire herb garden up and start over.  Hubby said no, but I'm tired of dealing with the grass. All of my thyme died too.  Maybe it is time to dig the entire thing out  and start all over.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Your weeds have taken over your garden, but it has not been a good year for anything in our neck of the woods.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, I'll be digging up the garden in a few weeks and we'll see if any potatoes grew. I may wait until late Sept.