Skip to main content

This and That

We are gearing up for another heat wave.  It'll be in the high 90's early next week.  No rain here.

Another coyote.  This morning.  It crossed the road and over the country highway.  Urgh.

As for moving, it all depends on location, new job and of course daughter's schooling.  Her school means the world to her and to us too.  Speaking of her, her internship is over with now.  She'll get a few weeks with her pup before school starts.

I did a meet and greet at a rescue with the pup.  The dog was about 1 year old and it was not a good match.  There will be others.  







Comments

Rain said…
Moving is such a huge deal, but honestly if you are unable to function (weather wise) and it's making life miserable, I think it's a great idea. I really was hoping to have already moved, but it's happening without any question next spring/early summer now. We are so sick of this village. Life needs to move on for us before we miss it all!

I hope you can keep cool during your heat wave!
Thanks Rain. We've moved twice so we are not new to it. It's just so frustrating dealing with the wet spring and saturated garden.
Pink Rose said…
Hi Kristina hope the move all works out well for you all,and i hope your day is a good one my friend xx
Carol said…
I am thankful that we will probably never move again. I hate the work that comes with it.
Carol, I do understand a move is work. I guess we'll see what happens in the spring.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart