Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Escape the Ordinary

The grass is still wet from the rains we got yesterday, but I picked a lot of tomatoes.  I canned peach salsa, but actually had to buy jalapeno peppers from a produce stand.

I won't be updating the canning stats today, as my computer virus protections is blocking a Trogan when I click on "layout" on blogger.  I hope they fix that soon.

I picked enough broccoli to blanch and freeze another quart bag. 

Our buckling is not selling, so he's at the vet today.  He'll be a wether and trained with a harness, and hopefully still sell.

Today, I am yearning for "island time" - no worries, no hurries.

Hubby and I continue to enjoy the photos we took, and hope to get another "escape" in, before winter arrives.

2 comments:

Candy C. said...

Island time, sounds wonderful! (sigh)

Michelle said...

Beautiful photos