Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Knitted Dishcloth/Washcloth Pattern


I have had a few requests for the knitted dishcloth pattern.  I sell these at the Farmer's Market and our family store site (new site under construction).

I've adjusted it to the size that I like, but you can do the same as well.

Note: for dishcloth I knit to 52 on my needle, for a larger dishcloth or washcloth, knit 72


This is not my pattern, and I will be honest, I do not remember where I got it.  I have no notes on this pattern.  I'll try to be better and writing down book titles, Web sites, etc.  I do know that I have had it for a few years now.


Pattern:

Cast on 4 stitches

Rows 1-2: Knit

Row 3: Knit 2, yarn over, knit across row.
Repeat until you have the desired number of stitches (original pattern stated 42 stitches, but I found these too small)  See above note:  52 for dishcloth and 72 for a large rag

Once you have the desired amount of stitches on your needle:  Knit 2, turn, Knit 2, turn, Knit 1, Knit 2 together, yarn over, Knit 2 together, Knit to end of row.

Next row:  Knit 2, turn, Knit 2, turn, Knit 1, Knit 2 together, yarn over, Knit 2 together, Knit to end of row.

Next row: Knit 1, Knit 2 together, yarn over, Knit 2 together, Knit to end of row.  Repeat until you have 4 stitches left on your needle.

Last row: Knit 4

Bind off.

4 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

Thanks, Kristina! I needed a knitted washcloth pattern. We must have started knitting at the same time or there abouts. I really have learned patience through knitting....all that tearing out and starting over! LOL! But I do love it and the tearing out is getting less and less. Now, onto socks!

Sam I Am...... said...

Thanks, Kristina! I needed a knitted washcloth pattern and that o ne looks perfect! I think we must have learned to knit about the same time. It really taught me patience as there was much tearing out and re-knitting at first. Now, onto socks! LOL! (More tearing out and re-knitting I'm afraid!)

Candy C. said...

I love the edging! What kind of yarn do you use for your dishcloths?

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I use 100% cotton yarn.