Skip to main content

Knitted Dishcloth/Washcloth Pattern


I have had a few requests for the knitted dishcloth pattern.  I sell these at the Farmer's Market and our family store site (new site under construction).

I've adjusted it to the size that I like, but you can do the same as well.

Note: for dishcloth I knit to 52 on my needle, for a larger dishcloth or washcloth, knit 72


This is not my pattern, and I will be honest, I do not remember where I got it.  I have no notes on this pattern.  I'll try to be better and writing down book titles, Web sites, etc.  I do know that I have had it for a few years now.


Pattern:

Cast on 4 stitches

Rows 1-2: Knit

Row 3: Knit 2, yarn over, knit across row.
Repeat until you have the desired number of stitches (original pattern stated 42 stitches, but I found these too small)  See above note:  52 for dishcloth and 72 for a large rag

Once you have the desired amount of stitches on your needle:  Knit 2, turn, Knit 2, turn, Knit 1, Knit 2 together, yarn over, Knit 2 together, Knit to end of row.

Next row:  Knit 2, turn, Knit 2, turn, Knit 1, Knit 2 together, yarn over, Knit 2 together, Knit to end of row.

Next row: Knit 1, Knit 2 together, yarn over, Knit 2 together, Knit to end of row.  Repeat until you have 4 stitches left on your needle.

Last row: Knit 4

Bind off.

Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
Thanks, Kristina! I needed a knitted washcloth pattern. We must have started knitting at the same time or there abouts. I really have learned patience through knitting....all that tearing out and starting over! LOL! But I do love it and the tearing out is getting less and less. Now, onto socks!
Sam I Am...... said…
Thanks, Kristina! I needed a knitted washcloth pattern and that o ne looks perfect! I think we must have learned to knit about the same time. It really taught me patience as there was much tearing out and re-knitting at first. Now, onto socks! LOL! (More tearing out and re-knitting I'm afraid!)
Candy C. said…
I love the edging! What kind of yarn do you use for your dishcloths?

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart