Skip to main content

Letters from. . .

In the process of slowly cleaning clutter, in between gardening and stocking up, I created a way to preserve the letters my 10 year-old daughter writes to me. 

Over the years, she has written me many letters.  I tend to put a note in the kid's lunches when I can, and add a small piece of candy.  In the process of that, she started to write me letters and put them all over the house. 

In the past she'd pop popcorn, and put a "treat" down inside the bowl.  We'd enjoy the popcorn, and she would pretend to be surprised when we got to the "treat" at the bottom.

Each of my kids have a unique personality, and I just could not throw these notes away.


I purchased an inexpensive photo album with the pages that peel back.  I inserted the letters so I can re-read them like a book.


For the cover, I mixed 50/50 of white glue and decoupage, and covered the front with a piece of scrapbooking paper.  I don't scrap book very much, but do journaling and create fun journals.   


Here, I will write "Letters from ...." and will add pocket pages on the inside.  Those pockets will hold the very long letters she has written me, and pictures she has drawn me.


Comments

Cute. I use to be that personal, but billions of sheets later the compulsion to de-clutter, I had to save only the best of the collection. In the grand sceme of things, it is MY memories that mean something to me.
Carolyn said…
What a beautiful idea!
I recently watched some videos for 'smash books' and this would be a great way to preserve those tidbits!
I have little notes from my kids, cards and drawings they done for me ...all over my house, 'saved' in the drawers and nooks and crannies!

This is such a good idea! I'm going to copy you and do this. I can't wait to declutter!

...Pat
ladaisi said…
That's adorable. I can't wait till my kiddo is old enough to write me notes.
What a fantastic idea!

Jan @door251
Candy C. said…
Awwww...how sweet that she writes you letters and you have found a perfect way to preserve them! :)
Nancy Jo said…
Kris,
Thats a good idea. I have several things like that from over the years but they are in a big hat box.
Yes I have been sorting and cleaning and packing up stuff for charity. Must be something in the air.
Nancy Jo
Unknown said…
That's so wonderful :)

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart