Skip to main content

Another Rescued Kitten

This little guy was rescued yesterday.  I was up at 4:00am and could not sleep.  When I went to the kitchen, I could hear this high pitched meow coming from the very front window. 



I tried to see which cat it was, using a flashlight, but could not.  I did see our barn cat Tim, so I thought maybe it was him.  



Later that afternoon, the kids came running, saying "you gotta come see this."  My son said, "I thought I heard something this morning."


We, at first glance, thought it may be blind, or have an eye injury the way he held his head to the side.  Once we got him in the cat carrier we saw that he may have been hurt by someone tossing him out their car window, while driving by.  He was underneath a large evergreen that is not far off the road.  It makes me sick that people do this to animals.



It's a poor photo, but you can see the little guy is hurt.  My son was able to drive him to the Humane Society for a $30.00 donation.  It's sad we have to pay to get him help, but it's better than a larger vet bill, and this little guy gets a new life.


Speaking of donations, my one daughter is participating in a fundraiser to raise money for the same Humane Society.  They have taken the two kittens we've rescued this year.  Hop on over to her blog to help donate to the yearly Mutt Strut.


She would very much appreciate any donations.  So would the Humane Society. Someone had to help these animals get a new chance at a good life.

Comments

Candy C. said…
Kudos to you guys for rescuing the kitten and kudos to your daughter for helping with the fundraiser!
Unknown said…
Does anybody know of a place to take rescued kitten? I have been getting little kittens maybe 6 weeks old who keep coming near my yard and i have 3 rottweilers and am scared they will hurt the babies, not on purpose but the kitties are little and they are very big. please help me find them homes. I have one now that appears to be a female tortoisshell. call 813-715-4579 thank you.
Dorie call the Humane Society in your county (or any nearby). If there is no Mom, they usually will take them in and care for them.
deb harvey said…
dorie,
call the county dog warden. they will tell you what is available in your neck of the woods.
if you get a rude person call the county courthouse and ask there.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart