Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, July 10, 2010

When the kids are away, Mom gets to play...

Being home alone all day has been quite fun!  We live in the country and I actually got out my bike today.  I pumped up the tires and visited a town nearby to look over some garage sales.  I had nothing in mind but jars for canning.

To my excitement, I found an antique 2 qt. jar with metal clasp for $4.00 (perfect for refrigerator pickles) and 2 limited edition peanut cans for $.25 each.  When I got home I made myself a new homemade pin cushion with one of them.


The breeze is blowing in through the windows wonderfully today, so I'm taking an iced tea and going to do some reading.  I'm on vacation today, so no more housework.

No comments: