Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Girls Pampering Day and Herb Drying Day

I decided I better get some more herbs dried before the summer is over, so I cut oregano, marjoram, lemon verbena, sage, rosemary and some basil.  Once those are dried and stored, I'll cut some others.  And speaking of herbs, the girls have announced that they need my herbs to pamper themselves.

They looked over my bookshelves and found my book, 50 Ways to Pamper Yourself, by Stephanie Tourles.  I think I picked this book up for under $1.00 at a thrift store. They looked it over and found face mask recipes and other soaks that require herbs and even items from our garden such as zucchini. 

I'm glad they are finding things to do this summer.  Even if it means using my veggies and herbs for other purposes.

No comments: