Skip to main content

68 Things You Can Make Yourself



Angel Food Cake, Citrus
Applebutter
Applesauce

 (currently working on adding links -please be patient)

Apron
Beef Stock
Beeswax Candles
Butter
Buttermilk, Cultured and Raw Milk
Canned Pears
Canned Pears, poached in red wine
Canned Tomatoes, crushed or diced
Chamomile Tea
Chicken Stock
Coleslaw
Cream Cheese
Cream of Mushroom Soup, Condensed, Low sodium
Dandelion Greens (pdf)
Dishwasher Detergent
Dish Washing Detergent (Hand washing)
Dry Taco Seasoning Mix
Dry Italian Seasoning Mix
Egg Pudding
Feta Cheese with Goat's Milk
Flower Press
Honey Candy
Granola
Grapenut Cereal
Jam
Juice, Berries
Ketchup
Laundry Detergent (Dry)
Laundry Detergent (Liquid)
Lip Balm, Beeswax
Mayonnaise
Molasses Candy
Mouthwash
Mustard
Noodles
Pancake Syrup
Paper
Peanut Butter
Pesto
Pickles
Pop Tarts, Strawberry
Pumpkin Pie Spice
Relish, Cucumber
Relish, Zucchini
Rootbeer
Rose Petal Vinegar
Rose Water, Facial Toner
Salsa
Soap
Soap, Heritage Recipe
Sour Cream (and Cream Cheese)
Soy Sauce
Spaghetti Sauce
Stewed Tomatoes
Sticky Pine Gum Salve 
Tomato Sauce
Toothpaste
Tortillas 

 


~Adding more each day~ Come back for a visit soon!

Comments

KD75 said…
Have you used the dishwasher detergent?
I have used the dishwasher detergent. It does work well. However, I set my timer to where the rinse cycle is, and pour in about of cup of vinegar for the final rinse.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart