Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Garden Bounty Blessings

This is a homemade Kohlrabi and Squash Frittata I made for brunch (my own recipe). I used everything from the garden and our farm fresh eggs.

I picked a bunch of green beans and made a homemade summer vegetable spaghetti sauce to pour over organic whole wheat noodles. The recipe is in the Cardiac Recovery Cookbook.  The recipe I linked it too is the exact same recipe I have, but on another Web site.


For a side, I pulled beets and roasted them with onions, olive oil, dried thyme and fresh sprigs of rosemary (from the herb garden of course). Sprinkled with sea salt.  YUM! I absolutely love these.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: