Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

Monday's, after a vacation/getaway, are always discombobulated.  I never have a quick breakfast on had or a lunch to pack for my husband.  The plan this week, is to look up meals to freeze prior to a trip (or even before a weekend), that way we are prepped for Monday.

Mom was admitted into the hospital again.  They changed the rules again.  Now whoever takes her in, is the Emergency contact, and one person per day, with screening done upon entering the hospital.  It was much different the most recent time she was in the hospital.  Oh, no kids under 16 can visit either.

I spent my gas and time to head to the "Big City" to get my hair done (this was before I was notified of Mom's situation).  Daughter E made the appt. for me with her.  She was a no-show.  I was so upset I left and returned home.  I'll just call my old salon and get it done there.   I had planned to visit Mom after my hair appt. but with her admitted and one person per day rule, I could not (as my younger brother took her).

I had camper dishes to wash (we still haven't figured out the hot water heater issue in the camper).  I had other dishes needed put away, dishwasher to empty, laundry to do.  I went thru my email etc.  I made a breakfast frittata for the next few days, and made a chicken marinade for tonight's dinner. 

 

Terrible photo, but I used my cell phone and it's not the latest version and the greatest (not upgrading until it's on it's last legs).  A humming bird came to visit me while I was enjoying a well deserved adult drink on the porch.

My husband had forced overtime last night, and Daughter K worked until late.  I literally put things away early and went to bed early.  My husband was home very late and had a hard time getting up this morning.  At least this time I had a go-to packed breakfast that was healthy.  I just didn't have a lunch.  I offered to make a PB & J, but he was so tired he said he'll buy from the cafeteria at work.

I need to head out, to what's left in the garden, and bring in anything today.  Rain arrives and we really need it.  Our grass is all brown and the remaining garden is thirsty.

I have a craft show opportunity coming up in October, but it's literally for a 1 1/2 hour outside event.  I have a lot to take, so I'm debating if it's worth the haul and set up/tear down.

Thank you for you prayers and good thoughts for my Mom and Daughter K.  Daughter K is feeling a bit better, but we still need answers on Mom's situation.





Comments

mamasmercantile said…
Once again playing catch up, so sorry to hear about your Mum.
Thanks mamasmercantile, glad to hear from you too.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart