Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, June 28, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday

We are still getting rain daily, but the heat is back too.  The garden is doing great, but the weeding is hard to keep up with (with the rain).


We had a relaxing weekend. Sunday we played cards on the porch, and grilled steaks and corn on the cob.  Believe it or not, the organic ribeyes were way cheaper than buying other non-organic steaks at the grocery store.

Once again gas was out at the other grocery store.  I am hearing it is due to lack of drivers to get the gas delivered.

My to-do list is right back at it this morning.  We deserved to have a relaxing weekend, so it's back to work

-master bath
-restock freezer (that's a list of itself, ha ha)
-dishes, run dishwasher
-laundry before it rains
-muck chicken coop


I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

The weather . . .

I'm told it will "feel like" 94°F today.  More rain in the evening.


How I am feeling this morning . . .

Frustrated after getting some news I wasn't expecting.


On the breakfast plate . . .

Sausage, bell pepper, onion scramble with other goodness added.  Coffee.


On my reading pile . . .

Pioneer Grit


On the TV . . .

Heartland, Netflix


On the menu this week . . .

-Breakfast for dinner.  Not sure exactly what yet.
-baked walleye (haven't made this yet)
-grilled chicken fajitas
-Tacos
-Leftovers


From the camera . . .

Banana bread with extra mini chocolate chips.  Yum!


Looking around the house . . .

Zuri attacked a dog toy again.  Fluff everywhere.


To relax this week, I will . . .

Crochet or read.


Something I want to share . . .

A while back I learned something new watching a cooking channel.  Here is what I learned and I tried it last night, and it works!!  


You know those pesky hairs on corn on the cob?  Well get one of these bottle brushes.  I bought this one for a buck at the dollar store.  Just run the brush gently over the corn.



The corn hairs will come off so much faster and easier than trying to hand pick them off.  

I am thankful for . . .
The rain.  Motorcycle ride days.  My husband.

I am hoping to . . .
Get the cement slab cleared this coming weekend, for the new coop.


Devotional, inspirational, prayer list, or Bible verse. . .

Prayer  list, Daughter E.

12 comments:

Granthamlynn said...

I love HHM. It was nice visiting you.

Luludou said...

Will be thinking of Daughter E.
Great tip for the corn hairs.
Extra chocolate chips in everything makes it better :)
Glad you got to have a relaxing weekend. Have a great week

Mother Em said...

Haha, I made banana nut bread with mini chocolate chips this weekend as well. Wish we had a few more showers, but say we might this week. At least, the temps are a little lower than what you folks up North are getting. Have a great week ahead.

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Great hint and I want banana bread. Looks yummy I usually makes this combo in pancakes.

mamasmercantile said...

A great tip for the corn, I will be giving it a try. Hope you manage to get some crochet done and are able to relax with a book.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Granthamlynn

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Luludou, thank you too

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mother Em, that is funny. It was so good too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Lisa, you are welcome. I was so excited to try the brush too.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile. There could be some rain coming, so I hope for some free time this week.

Jean said...

Late again this week! What a great tip about the corn, going to have to try that out for sure. We're getting a ton of rain as well. Hope you are having a great week so far.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Jean, we needed the rain too.