Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, June 18, 2021

Storm and Random Tidbits

 

I hammered the tomato stakes in good, but decided not to start tying the tomato plants up to the stakes until the storms pass today.  I was in fear that if the stakes go down, the plants would go down with them.

Today's weather?  Possible thunderstorms, hail and possible tornadoes.


First coyote sighting yesterday morning.  It headed away from our property.



We discovered we still had a half of a quart canning jar full of home grown popcorn.  It was still good, popped almost all the kernels and was as delicious as ever.  I will be planting it again next year.

Broke my hoe.  They never last long.  It says 15 year warranty, but I have no idea where I bought it, nor saved the receipt.  Tomatoes got weeded anyway.  We have 62 tomatoes, but two may not make it.



New blooms in the flower beds.


4 comments:

Rain said...

I think it's so neat that you grow your own popping corn! I can do without the coyotes, glad it went away from your property!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Rain, my Mom told me Grandma used to grow popcorn, and immediately I had to plant some, and we love it. I was glad to see that coyote turn the other way, but it does put me on watch now.

Chasity said...

Hope the storms don’t do damage. Glad the coyote was going away!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Chasity, thanks I hope it's just rain we get.