Skip to main content

Coffee Cubes

It's a very short post today folks.  So much to do, so little time.  I am so far behind on our vegetable/fruit garden it's not even funny.

Although nothing homesteady (is that even a word?) in this post, here goes. . .


The sunrise was just beautiful this morning.  Although both Hubby and are sleep deprived, we sipped hot coffee on the porch.  We've see deer, and today (oh joy) a fox.  We've also had a visit more than once from our hummingbird and a few woodpeckers.



A family member has permission to hunt for morels in a wooded area.  We enjoyed some the other day, in a cajun coating.  We got our dose of vitamin D, potassium and iron.

Normally, I'd pour leftover coffee around the rose bushes, but this time I froze it in an ice cube tray.  Normally, I do not have leftover coffee, but one of the daughters makes a pot every time she comes home, and leaves half the pot (will be so glad if this apartment move works out, and it can't happen sooner).


Hubby puts his coffee in a thermos in the morning, and it keeps the coffee super hot.  Too hot.  He adds ice.  Now he can add ice without watering down his coffee. That's my homemaking tip today.

Comments

Susan said…
That is a great idea! As we get nearer to iced coffee season (for me), I usually make a full pot and keep it in the fridge - but it would be even better to freeze half in cubes!
Susan, I don't know why I didn't think to do it earlier. And yes, iced coffee is about in season too, ha ha!
mamasmercantile said…
Such a great tip. Thank you for sharing.
You are welcome mamasmercantile

Popular posts from this blog

Question

  I have asked this before, but I know I follow a few writers who have written (and published) novels.  What is the best free or best least expensive (simple like Word) writing software to use that is not Google Docs? Thanks! I'll be back with an update soon I hope.  But I do appreciate your help, because I cannot find the information some of you suggested.

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart