Skip to main content

Made it. . .

Is anyone out there in cyber land?  Hello?  Seems like less folks have less time to read blogs this time of year.  I'm one of them.  I'm so busy it's crazy busy, but functioning like a turtle due to sleep deprivation.

I made it through Monday.  The truck is still not fixed, so I still without wheels.  It's either raining, or some other reason we don't get it done. It rained again yesterday afternoon and through the night, but no bad storms as the weather man said.  Today?  More rain, so I'm on the indoor to-do list today.

I was happy to get much of the laundry out on the line and dried before more rain arrived.   I missed a flower head on the rhubarb, so that was cut off too. 


Apparently, there are not enough spider traps in my house.    I took it outside to kill, but from checking with others, it may be a type of wolf spider.

The day went fast, but I was dragging my feet. Every little job takes up time anymore - dump egg shells, check the asparagus, get the mail, start taking laundry down, get dinner in the crock pot, etc. etc.

The hens are back to producing pretty good now, which I am thankful for.

Nothing homesteady in this post either, but a post. Hubby had a job I needed done last night, as he had my car, but got over time.  

Meanwhile, Mom suggested a crocheted item for her grandson (my nephew).  

Monster ice pop holders for kids!  I made 3 last night, but need the felt to finish them.  This on is not glued on yet, but you get to see the first one.  I worked on this, while trying to watch regular TV, as the channel went in and out during the downpour.

Oh I have other half done projects, and could have been cleaning the closet, making lotion, and whatnot.  But when you get up at 3am, and have been tired as heck, you get into PJ's at 4pm and get comfortable.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
At least you're getting up blog posts, Kristina. I haven't been able to do that. This is such a crazy, busy time of year. I'm a bit like you in that there is so much I should be doing that I'm almost paralyzed and can't seem to get even one thing done of a day's time. I woke at 1:30 this morning and think I may have dozed on and off for about an hour more until getting up at 5:30. Some times it's just a bunch of fun, fun, fun, isn't it? ;o) This, too, shall pass.
Mama Pea, I get so frustrated with the rain lately - too wet, or no time between downpours to plant or weed. And waking up in the early hours and not being able to sleep doesn't help. I didn't even work out yesterday (yikes). I plan on working out today, but once again that rain will deter my outside work. I sure hope to get the garden going again before too long.
Oh I hear you on the rain. They only things not bothered by the rain are the chickens. They don't let a downpour stop them from scratching and eating bugs. The rain really makes me lazy. Hence, why I'm sitting here reading and commenting. :)
I hear you on the rain. The only thing that it doesn't bother are the chickens. A little downpour doesn't stop them from scratching and eating bugs. The rain makes me so lazy and my to do list keeps getting longer. Procrastination at its finest.
mamasmercantile said…
The rain was getting me down too but finally we have had a couple of really nice days with more forecast so for that I am thankful. Such a great idea to crochet a cover for the ice pops.
Betsy, the rain is really delaying everything, but it's bringing up edible weeds.
mamasmercantile, the rain makes me lazy and I know I have a ton of indoor work that can be done too. Oye.
Angela said…
I'm moving at a slow pace due to lack of sleep as well. Every task feels like it takes too much energy. I hope you're able to get some sleep soon.
Thanks Angela! I'm hoping for a morning to sleep in soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart