Skip to main content

Tidbits ~ Herbed Omelets or Scrambled Eggs

Hubby and I were up at 5am this morning.  Had coffee on the porch before he left for work and I made him a sweet potato (more like an egg hash) burrito.  Both of us were up since about 3am.

I had to laugh this morning.  He asked me to open the door so he could carry his lunch, mug of coffee and half eaten burrito out to the car (truck is still down).  I looked down and he had socks and slippers on, ha ha ha ha!  I had to tell him, "um, hun? You don't have your shoes on."  We laughed and laughed.

It's operation homestead clean up again today.  I was abandoned by all kiddos, so I didn't have any help, but today I will.  More spider traps are going in place again too.

I don't see that it even rained last night, so we'll dig out more porch furniture.  I put a few pieces out yesterday, but golly, there is more to tidy up than I thought.



I love the last mix of herbs I made a jar of ("Fire it Up" or what we call "Full Throttle"), and now I have a new combination for making cheese omelets.

However, the first time I used this mix of herbs, I simply scrambled my eggs, and left the cheese out.

Herbed Omelets
1 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. tarragon
1 tsp. rosemary
1 tsp. thyme

I love scrambled eggs made with a bit of butter, so I use about 2 tsp. organic olive oil, with 1 tsp. organic butter (3 eggs) and a bit of milk (maybe 1/4 cup or less).

To make omelets use 1/4 cheese, or leave out to scramble.

Make a souffle with this herb mix, or a frittata too.

The tarragon in this mix tastes pretty good with eggs.  I tried it on my peas and didn't like it on that so much.  Oh, our garden peas in the freezer are officially out now.  


We'll have two new babies born this month, one possibly today.  It's the daughter to one of our nieces.  So that would make her (the new baby) our great grand niece?   

I can't believe it's Friday already.   I'm already on our second pot of coffee and ready to tackle today.  As soon as this weekend is over, it's back to the veggie garden.  It's a busy, family filled weekend for us.

On a last note, and a good one, I sent an email to one of our youngest daughter's teachers.  During the funeral week, she took a test and got 15 out of 15, but forgot to put her name on the paper.  The teacher gave her a zero.  I explained what was going on, and she immediately corrected the grade, keeping her GPA up where it was.

On another scary note, we discovered someone trying to steal her identity.  First, Hubby put our insurance as paperless, so the emails to go him, not me (so I can't keep track of it).  Anyway, he got emails that our youngest daughter was in a hospital in MI.  $3,000 in bills.  We have identity theft, so the claims were all put in as fraudulent.  It's a scary world right now, and we'll be watching every doctor appt the kids have from now on.

Have a blessed weekend!

Note:  I read somewhere in one of my herbal books that tarragon helps reduce artery build up. If I locate the source again, I'll be sure to post it here.






Comments

Rain said…
That's crazy about the identity theft, my gosh...I'm glad you were able to settle it though, and with her grade. That's funny about your hubby in his slippers, I know I've done that too lol!
Rain, we are paperless billing with our insurance (for claims etc) and I'm thankful Hubby read his email. I'm thankful we have identity theft protection too. Yeah, watching him go out in his slippers was pretty funny.
mamasmercantile said…
We live in frightening times, fraudulent crimes are certainly on the rise.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart