Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's a Boy!


I was just getting ready to start making jam and my 15 year-old daughter said, "Mom, Misty is ready.  It could be 1-2 hours."

I grabbed my camera and we waited.  She took forever, but it's her first kidding.

She gave birth to a healthy baby boy.  He's the spittin' image of a true blue white mountain goat.  What a cutie.  Of course, real mountain goats have larger ears than a lamancha, and are much larger, but he still has to the color.

I'm not sure what he'll be named, so watch my daughter's blog for goat updates and more photos. 

Life as a Teen Farmgirl

Jam making can wait for this cutie pa-tootie!

5 comments:

Nancy Jo said...

OOOH Kristina, just too cute.
Nncy Jo

Candy C. said...

Awwwww...how cute!! He does have that mountain goat look! :)

EMMA said...

Oh he's so cute, and soft and downy looking!!

Unknown said...

Ah.... how CUTE!

Sam I Am...... said...

Oh...SO cute! Look at those tiny little hooves....CONGRATS to all!